Thursday, October 6, 2011

GOOOO AWAY BRETT!



I'm starting to think that Brett Farve likes to hear his name all over national television. For those who haven't heard, in a radio interview on Atlanta's 790 "The Zone," Brett Farve made a comment that could be interpreted as a "downplay" to his former teammate Aaron Rodgers success as the starter of the World Champions. You be the judge.



"the biggest surprise to me would be that he didn't do it sooner" and that Rodgers "just kind of fell into a good situation."



And of course he followed with a "backhanded" complement. He would not get away with just saying that previous remark.



"He's got tremendous talent, he's very bright and he got a chance to kind of sit and watch and he saw successful teams do it right, and so he just kind of fell into a good situation. And on top of that, he's a good player. I don't think anyone would question now the talent around him is even better than when I was there. So I really was surprised it took him so long. Really, the early part of last year season, it hadn't quite clicked yet and I didn't know if it would. I just figured at some point, when they hit their stride, they're going to be hard to beat. And that's what happened."



This is probably not a big of deal to many, some may even say that it was a complement. However, media is loving this, because Americas favorite quarterback has some way found his name back in the limelight. Including my favorite ESPN show ESPN First Take who debated the subject. Farve saying "he fell into a good situation" and "that he didn't do it sooner," is not a complement but a slick remark that subtly minimizes Rodger's achievements as a starter. So what are you saying Farve, that the team would have won the SuperBowl if you were there too? At 41, I do not think so. Seriously, he won ONE Superbowl in 1997. Some may even say he is highly overrated.....maybe? According to the LA Times, Rodgers is "shrugging" the comment off. Seems like everybody is shrugging these days. Word to Kanye West.



Many forget that Rodgers was a back-up to Farve for three years until he became a starter. This comment slightly reveals that Rodgers and Farve have a respect for each other, but didn't neccessarily get along. Plus, Farve has previously said that it wasn't his "job" to mentor his understudies. I give credit to Rodgers not even addressing the comment or responding directly to Farve. He simply complemented his team and their success. Not only does that show a true leader but it indirectly says that Farve is not a Green Bay Packer anymore. At least that is what I took from it. If it was me, I probably would have made a more direct comment to my former teammate. I guess that is why no one has given me a microphone...... yet. (lol) Farve is the type of guy that you either love him or hate him. I don't hate him, but I would prefer not to hear his name in the media anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment